presents its portfolio of sustainable materials and advanced services during Chinaplas 2023.
The company’s innovative material, colorant and additive technologies can help designers, brand owners, and manufacturers improve the performance and aesthetics of their applications, while enabling sustainability benefits such as significant energy savings and increased use of recycled content.
Covering Wide Range of Market Segments
“In line with the continuing drive towards greater sustainability and circularity in the industry, we will demonstrate our latest advances in materials science at Chinaplas, from specialty colorants and color prediction to bio-based thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) and engineered materials,”
says Say-Eng Lee, vice president and general manager, Color & Additives Asia for Avient. “Our broad portfolio of solutions on display addresses important needs in a wide range of market segments where sustainability and color matter to help build a better tomorrow
Avient will highlight the following innovations for applications in packaging, transportation, healthcare, telecommunications, and consumer electronics:
- reSound™ BIO Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPEs): formulated with 35 to 75 percent bio-renewable feedstock without compromising property retention, adhesion strength in overmolding applications, or colorability.
- Gravi-Tech™ Density Modified PP-Based Formulations: new, high-impact metallization grades developed to replace die-cast or machined metals while delivering the look and weighted feel of metal in premium brand applications.
- Versaflex™ CE 3130 Series TPEs: a range of non-blooming thermoplastic elastomers for demanding consumer electronics, automotive, and appliance applications requiring premium surface finish, enhanced feel, and improved aesthetics with UV, stain, abrasion, and scratch resistance.
Other innovations that Avient will showcase at Chinaplas are: ColorForward™ 2024, PCR Color Prediction Service, Hiformer™ Liquid Additives for Polyolefins, Rejoin™ PCR Colorants, Cesa™ Nox A4R Additives, ColorMatrix™ Optica™ PET Blue Toners & Colors, Colorant Chromatics™ Transcend™ Premier Healthcare Colorants and Colorant Chromatics™ UV Laser Marking Technology for Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene resins (FEP).
TechTalk on Zero-emission TPEs
Chinaplas 2023, the world's leading technology-oriented plastics and rubber trade fair, is taking place April 17-20 at the Shenzhen World Exhibition & Convention Center. Visitors can find Avient at the TechTalk Show Area, Hall 16, Stand R32, and the Design x Innovation Gallery, Gate 2 Lobby 1/F, Hall 17. Avient will also host two technical speeches during the show:
Source: Avient Corporation
- A TechTalk Presentation on April 17 from 15:00 to 15:20 hours at Stand R31 in Hall 16 on sustainable bio-based materials, including zero-carbon emission TPEs, low-warpage and low-water absorption nylons, ‘OK-compost’ certified biopolymer solutions and successful case studies
- A Design Forum on April 19 from 10:35 to 11:00 hours at Hall 18, Room CC201A, 2/F, on ColorForward™ Color Forecasting and GraviTech™ Density-Modified Formulations.